肥四论坛

标题: 加拿大安大略省教育专家权威解读加拿大安省的高中教育 [打印本页]

作者: 侯思远    时间: 2021-3-15 14:19
标题: 加拿大安大略省教育专家权威解读加拿大安省的高中教育

加拿大安大略省教育专家权威解读加拿大安省的高中教育制度OSSD

Paul Tufts为大家详细解读安省高中制度,帮助各位家长更好的了解加拿大留学!

Hello and thank you for inviting me to be a part of your program today.

大家好,感谢邀请我参加今天的活动。

My name is Paul Tufts and I am happy to speak with you about the school system in Ontario,the most populated province in Canada.

我的名字是Paul Tufts,很高兴能跟大家一起聊聊加拿大人口最多的省——安大略省的教育体系。

I am very familiar with the Ontario education system as I have worked in it for over 30 years.

在安省教育系统工作的30年里,我非常熟悉安省的教育体系。

During that time,I always believed that Ontario's education system is one of the world's best.

在这期间,我相信安省的教育体系是世界上最好的教育体系之一。

Then I have had the opportunity to work internationally learning about school systems in Malaysia,Australia,Sweden,Peru and China-and I found out that Ontario's school system is respected around the world.

之后,我参与了国际教育工作,有机会了解到了马来西亚、澳大利亚、瑞典、秘鲁、中国的教育系统,并且发现安省的教育系统在全世界都得到了认可。

The question that I started to ask myself is......"WHY is Ontario's education system so highly respected?"

接下来我要思考的,是为什么安省的教育体系如此受到欢迎呢?

One of the reasons is PISA(Programme for International Student Assessment)Test for 15 yr olds held every 3 years in the subject areas of Science,mathematics and literacy

原因之一就是PISA,这是一项在科学、数学、语文等学科每3年进行的一项测试,并延续了15年。

Canadian students,and specifically Ontario students,consistently achieve rankings in the top 5 globally

加拿大的学生,尤其是安省的学生,在PISA测试中,连续排名世界前5名。

World class in all respects,starting from the Ontario curriculum that is globally recognized and respected at all levels of education,and continuing to the innovative methods that Rosedale Academy uses to deliver that curriculum to today’s students.

安省的教育在全球得到认可的同时,也在持续创新,让全球的学生都有机会学习到安省的课程。

Given the realities of 2020 and the pandemic that is affecting all of our lives,I think it is important for me to comment on how Canada is receiving International students.Just let me say from the beginning that Canada has a proud history of welcoming International students to our schools and I believe this will continue.

鉴于2020年的现实情况,尤其是影响我们生活的疫情,我想在今天讨论一下加拿大对于国际学生的态度非常重要。我的态度是,加拿大从一开始就有欢迎全世界学生的优秀传统和历史,我认为这个传统将会继续下去。

In preparation for this part of the presentation,I went to the website of the University I am most familiar with as a student and as a faculty member.The following slides are examples of what you see when you first go onto Westen University's site and I am confident that our other universities and colleges have the same priorities.

为了展现这个情况,我给大家展示西安大略大学的网页信息。作为学生和一名工作人员,我对这所学校十分的熟悉。接下来,你们看到的都是西安大略大学官网上的信息,我也很自信的说,加拿大其他大学也会是同样的。

Given the COVID-19 pandemic,social distancing is a requirement.Our schools are working to ensure the appropriate protocols are in place to allow students and staff to learn and work in safe environments.

鉴于新冠疫情的情况,社交距离是必须的。我们学校正在努力确保恰当的措施,来让学生和员工在安全的环境中学习和工作。

Racism in any form is not accepted.Our schools all have mandated policies that clearly state expectations so that all students and staff can learn and work in a positive environment.

任何形式的种族主义都不被允许。我们学校有强制性的政策,清晰地说明了这项要求,目的是所有学生和员工能够在一个积极的环境中学习和工作。

Students from 128 countries and promote the international study experience for Canadian students–170 programs in 40 different countries。

正如我们提到的,我们学校非常欢迎国际学生。目前有5800名来自128个国家和地区的学生。同时,我们也鼓励加拿大本地的学生进行出国学习。目前有遍布40个国家和地区的170个海外项目。

Thank you for allowing me to present to you today.感谢大家聆听我的今天的演讲。

欢迎光临 肥四论坛 (http://discuz.5hlx.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.4